Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bisous

Since my partner in crime is stunning in Spanish but doesn't speak a word of French, it's my job to convert my 200 level French education into something remotely useful.  I'm praying Marseille has a solid foundation of English speakers, but also don't want to be "that American tourist" that stumbles over a barely recognizable "Salut" "Hello".  Soooo these next couple weeks I plan on frantically reviewing my books and listening to Rosetta Stone in French, which I recently downloaded.. yes Rosetta Stone.. thanks college tuition.

My favorite french word today is bisou(s), pronounced bi-zu(z). The fun little word means "kisses!" It's jovial and lighthearted, often used when finishing conversations or signing e-mails and rarely used in a literal way... For those kinds of kisses the preferred statement is "J'aimerais t'embrasser" "I would like to kiss/embrace you"... which I also hope to keep in mind in case a beautiful french man where to ever ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment